Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hundreds of channels and so little to watch

We have hundreds of channels on our cable service, and I am sure many of you do also.

And yet, night after night we struggle to find something on to watch.  We dislike reality TV-- so what do we watch?

We record Hawaii 5-0 and sometimes binge-watch catching up.  Big Bang Theory is a big hit, both in syndicated reruns and new programs, again set to record.  I love Blue Bloods and also record it to watch later, and do the same with NCIS and NCIS New Orleans.

We don't get Showtime or HBO but will record old movies from some of the other movie channels, especially Indiana Jones, Star Wars and the National Treasure series shows.

During college football and basketball season we watch Big Ten and Ohio State games especially and have it on when we are doing other household tasks and also do the same with some pro football games, especially the Browns.  Yes-- we are long-suffering Browns fans.

I drive my husband crazy going up and down the Guide finding nothing or little to watch.  On the weekends we watch the morning news shows and when I am doing school work I will watch CMT for the country music videos.

Occasionally I record really old sitcoms such as Andy Griffith as it reminds me of watching these wonderful episodes over and over again with my Dad.  Throw in Matlock, Hogan's Heroes and Gomer Pyle for the same reasons.  I can still hear his laugh.

Apparently we are still among the few who watch evening news shows when we are home, mostly CBS, and since we are creatures of habit, follow that with honing family not-so-friendly competition in viewing Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

And that is pretty much it for us in the course of the week. We watch very few shows when scheduled and have about 10 regulars.  So glad we are paying for hundreds of choices. :)


2 comments:

  1. I also have a hard time finding things to watch. It always amazes me that even with all of the channels that we have available, there's really not much to choose from. Thank goodness The Big Bang Theory is in syndication:) I love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am a big CBS watcher. It may have something to do with the fact that my mother placed me in front of Walter Cronkite for the first few years of my life while she prepared dinner. I'm not sure. Regardless, I now feel as though watching the Evening News is a luxury (since the world is so violent, I never turn it on in front of my daughter who is only four).

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate hearing your ideas and learning from you. Please share.